Easy-Loading Skagit Fly Line
Two hand anglers that need to get sink tips delivered to bouldery runs with minimal back casts have chosen Skagit-style heads as the perfect tool for the job. Despite extra short and other more specialized Skagit-style lines available, the Skagit Compact is still the standard, and has been redesigned and reborn as the all new Skagit Driver. This Skagit line is the culmination of thousands of hours of design, observation, and field testing. The new generation has been redesigned to sit lower in the water, helping to better load the rod when making the cast. Its unique density also slows the swing down while fishing. The improved design will get you casting more efficiently and keep you more connected to your fly through the entire step, cast, swing ritual.
Features of the Airflo Skagit Driver Fly Line:
- Aggressive front taper allows for maximum turnover power for sink tip rigs.
- The belly is a moderate length for easy casting and the ability to reach on the longer casts.
- The condensed rear taper makes for quick and easy loading and maximum shootability.
- Climate Control - Ultra Supple coating represents a major breakthrough in fly line performance.
- Power Core with only 6% stretch, braid improves casting control, sensitivity and hook set.
- 100% “PVC Free” Polymer coating uses solvent free Polyurethane as the base material in all Airflo fly lines.
- Micro loops blend into the main line giving smooth transition to your leader and protect your fly line from the effects of capillary action.
- Flexi Loop system incorporates actual fly line core into the loop to create a seamless weld that really is bullet proof.
Sink tips: All Skagit heads are designed to exclusively be used with sink tips. For the Skagit Compact G2, both FLO tip and CCT style sink tips are recommended.
Running Lines: The Skagit Compact G2 includes the head only and requires a running line. Please browse our running line options to see which one suits your purposes.