A venerated alpine essential, the R1® Hoody is the optimal hooded midlayer for the full spectrum of mountain endeavors. Made with Regulator® grid fleece for outstanding stretch, breathability, compressibility and durability.
Perfection is achieved when there’s nothing left to take away. Alpinists and backcountry skiers live in our R1® Hoody: it’s a finely tuned, versatile favorite made of Polartec® Power Dry® polyester with a high/low grid interior. The fabric breathes, stretches and compresses to practically nothing, has a terrific feel and remains durable and warm. Its highly refined design features the pared-down detailing that avid climbers and backcountry skiers need, like a snug-fitting balaclava-style hood, a minimalist deep-venting front zipper that’s offset at the chin (with a soft zipper garage for next-to-skin comfort) and a Variable Conditions Cuff with discreet on-seam thumb loops and a spiral-stitch construction that lets you push up the sleeves without constricting your forearms. With off-shoulder seams for pack-wearing comfort, a long torso for layering under a harness, an exterior chest pocket and lightweight micro-grid stretch polyester at the cuffs, hem and armpits for minimal bulk and increased breathability and dry times.
Regulator® fleece insulation provides phenomenal compressibility, light weight warmth, and moisture transport, whether used alone or as part of a layering system.
The lofted hollow-core fibers of Regulator fleece insulation conserve body heat while allowing body moisture to wick uninhibited. They’re also lightweight and highly compressible for packing.
Regulator Fleece Insulation provides exceptional breathability to keep you dry on the inside and while Regulator fleece provides the same amount of warmth as a much bulkier fleece, it does so with lighter, more compressible materials. Since you stay both dryer and warmer, you’re able to maintain your comfort over a wide temperature range, which results in fewer layering changes and a lighter, less bulky pack.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• Versatile R1® fleece, with its high/low grid pattern, provides excellent stretch, warmth, fast wicking and great breathability in a variety of temperatures
• A lighter weight, micro-grid fabric on Variable Conditions Cuff, underarm gusset and lower torso improves breathability and dry time
• Refined technical fit with offset seams for comfort under outerwear and packs
• Snug-fitting balaclava-style hood fits comfortably under a helmet strap; center-front Slim Zip with soft, kissing-welt zipper garage and chin flap for next-to-skin comfort
• Variable Conditions Cuff has discreet, on-seam thumb loops for added coverage, and a spiral-stitch construction allows sleeves to push up easily without constricting forearms
• One left chest pocket has Slim Zip install and clean-finished zipper garage
• Longer torso for comfort under a harness or a pack waistbelt
• Body: 6.8-oz Polartec® Power Dry® 93% polyester (41% recycled)/7% spandex. Cuffs, underarms, and hem: 5.4-oz Polartec® Power Dry® 92% polyester (54% recycled)/8% spandex
• 357 g (12.6 oz)
• Made in Colombia.
Patagonia was the first outdoor clothing manufacturer to introduce post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic soda bottles in to their product line. The result was using fewer resources, discarding less trash to create improved products.
Now Patagonia uses more sources for recycled polyester and offers it on more garments such as Capilene® baselayers, shell jackets, board shorts, and fleece. They now recycle used soda bottles, manufacturing waste, and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many new clothes.
Using recycled polyester lessens the dependence on petroleum as a raw material source, curbs discards and reduces toxic emissions from incinerators.