Stay warm and dry in cool to cold conditions in our warmest and most breathable baselayer.
Equally at home during high exertion ski-touring or freezing nights in a sleeping bag, for the truly committed, we offer Capilene® 4 Bottoms. The warmest and most breathable baselayer in the Capilene® family, they have a soft, stretchy feel and a smooth face that glides beneath layers. Their brushed fleece interior insulates, wicks moisture and rests smoothly against your skin. Details include a brushed elastic waistband for next-to-skin comfort, functional fly and a gusseted crotch for full range mobility. Made of 3.8-oz Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™ fabric has a smooth face for easy layering
• Fabric’s open grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance
• Spandex for stretch and ease of movement
• Elastic waistband is brushed for next-to-skin softness
• Gusseted crotch for unimpeded mobility
• Functional fly
• Machine-wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature
• 3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™ fabric: solids, 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers, 91% polyester (30% recycled)/9% spandex, with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Fabric is bluesign® approved
• 161 g (5.7 oz)
• Made in Colombia.
Capilene® Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (35% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
We make four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.