Designed specifically for snow sports, our Capilene® 4 Pro Boot Bottoms combine tried-and-true R1® fleece to keep your joints and seat warm and Capilene® 4 fabric panels for breathability.
We make these game-changing bottoms for your pursuit of the deep. Designed specifically for snow sports, the new Capilene® 4 Pro Bottoms are our warmest and most breathable baselayer bottoms. Combining two exceptional technical fabrics to create hybrid warmth zones, the thighs and waist are made of Capilene 4 (3.8-oz Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™ fabric) for superior warmth, breathability and moisture management, while knees, hips and seat use R1® fleece panels (6.8-oz Polartec Power Dry fabric) for additional warmth. Soft, stretchy and compressible, this piece features a smooth face that glides beneath layers, a brushed-fleece interior that’s soft next to skin and Polygiene® permanent odor control. Other details include a gusseted crotch for mobility, a functional fly and an upper-calf length for a low-bulk fit with ski and snowboard boots. Fabrics are bluesign® approved.
Capilene® Polyester Baselayer
Made from moisture-wicking polyester, Capilene® synthetic baselayers wick moisture away from your skin, breathe efficiently and dry fast to provide the foundation for any layering system for any pursuit. Designed for fast-forward, aerobic activities, they’re quick to wick and quick to dry. Capilene polyester is made from recycled polyester (35% recycled content or more) and is also machine washable.
We make four Capilene fabrics for different levels of exertion and temperatures. All Capilene fabrics have achieved bluesign® approval; have an updated and consistent fit in each fabric weight; and use Polygiene® technology to control odor in the garment. They are the best baselayer option for high-sweat activities and wet conditions.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Polartec® Capilene® 4 fabric’s open grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance, and Polartec® R1® fleece provides additional warmth around the seat and knees
• Spandex for stretch and ease of movement
• Elastic waistband is brushed inside for next-to-skin softness
• Gusseted crotch for unimpeded mobility
• Functional fly
• Length is slightly below knee to avoid bulk inside ski or snowboard boots
• Machine-wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature
• Legs, waist: 3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Dry® High Efficiency™ fabric: solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; Heathers: 91% polyester (30% recycled)/9% spandex, with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Knees, seat: 6.8-oz (231-g) Polartec® Power Dry® 93% polyester (41% recycled)/7% spandex. Fabric is bluesign® approved.