Patagonia Women's Nano Puff Vest is made with made with 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold insulation.
Windproof and water-resistant, the Nano Puff® Vest is made with warm, incredibly lightweight, highly compressible 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation; ideal as outerwear, or as an insulating layer in colder climates.
Chilly mornings in base camp, simu-climbing by headlamp and cragging in the South Platte as snow flurries fall all give the Nano Puff® Vest its raison d'être. The vest uses PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation (60-g) for superb compressibility, featherlight weight and surprising warmth. All of this is wrapped in a windproof and moisture-shedding 100% recycled polyester ripstop shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. The vest has a shaped fit and a soft, wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage for chin comfort. Other fine points include a drawcord hem, two zippered handwarmer pockets and an internal chest pocket (with clip-in loop) which doubles as a stuffsack.
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Lightweight ripstop recycled polyester shell fabric has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
• The most thermally-efficient synthetic insulation available. Water-repellent, compressible 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation has excellent warmth-to-weight and maintains 96% of warmth, even when wet
• Brick quilting pattern with narrow horizontal quilt lines on side panels stabilizes insulation, and uses durable thread for abrasion resistance
• Center-front zipper has wicking interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort
• Two zippered handwarmer pockets have clean-finished zipper garages; zippered internal chest pocket doubles as a stuffsack with a reinforced carabiner clip-in loop
• Drawcord-adjustable drop-tail hem seals in warmth
• Shell and lining: 1.4-oz 22-denier 100% recycled polyester, with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Insulation: 60-g PrimaLoft® Gold Insulation 100% polyester
• 184 g (6.5 oz)
• Made in Vietnam.
PrimaLoft insulation is used inside insulated garments for its warmth, compressibility, and soft comfort. While the human body uses energy to stay warm, PrimaLoft insulation uses a patented microfiber structure to help the body retain warmth and conserve energy.
The proprietary ultra-fine fibers of PrimaLoft insulation form a tight collection of air pockets that trap heat from your body and keep the cold out, providing an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio. When insulation gets wet, it loses these air pockets and consequently, its insulating properties. PrimaLoft ultra-fine fibers were developed to be water resistant so your insulation stays drier and maintains its insulating properties even when wet.
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.