The Gunnison is back and updated with the best in modern reel design
The most reliable, best-selling fly reels were inspired by the Gunnison river, cutting through the Black Canyon on the Western Slope of Colorado. It's just 10 miles from the Ross Reels factory.
Keeping in line with the original aesthetics, the Gunnison is designed with octagonal machining, round porting, and a leader groove on the frame. However, that is where the similarities part ways. The new Gunnison represents the best in modern reel design while retaining all the reliability and ruggedness of the original.
The unique frame geometry and spool profile echo the original Gunnison while the contemporary porting and large arbor design make this a modern, bulletproof package with retro styling. The Gunnison also has a high-performance drag based on the same platform as the new Evolution LTX, creating a reliable and powerful system impervious to the elements.
Ross overcame the formidable task of replacing what was the favorite and in many cases the first fly reel of so many anglers. These were huge shoes to fill, but the new Ross Reels Gunnison has risen to the occasion.
FULLY MACHINED COMPONENTS
• Truly unique machined frame and spool reminiscent of the original Gunnison
• Machined canvas phenolic handle reduces weight and adds grip
• Frame / Spool made from a 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy made specifically engineered for Ross Reels
HIGH-PERFORMANCE DRAG SYSTEM
• Based on the stacked-disc system found in the Evolution LTX, creating extreme pressure in a small package
QUICK RELEASE SPOOL
• Fully machined for increased strength and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
ULTRA DURABLE RETRO-MODERN DESIGN
• Perfect balance of classic Gunnison design, modern machining, and technology
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY