If you want us to install your free fly line on a reel you MUST select a backing option when purchasing your reel.
If you select No Backing Required, we cannot install your fly line.
Quite Possibly the Finest Rod Series Ever Made
Awesome is the word most commonly used to describe the Boron III X, a series of rods that is quite possibly the finest fly rods ever made. With the broadest casting range of any Winston series, these all-purpose rods will easily match any fishing condition. These fast-action fly rods are powerful, lively and capable of generating incredible line speed. Built with advanced Boron III technology, this series is also incredibly lightweight and allows an angler to delicately present a fly with incredible accuracy. Because of their broad range of application, the Boron III X has become the “go to” rod for professional guides and avid anglers. This series of rod is quite simply the best!
• Arguably the finest fly rod series ever made
• Built with advanced Boron III technology, resulting in a lightweight, fast action rod that is powerful, lively and capable of generating incredible line speed
• Strong and dependable
• Proprietary design that promotes effortless long casts, delicate presentations and reserved power for big flies and windy days
• Responsive and deadly accurate
• Ideal selection for almost any type of angling challenge
• Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, Montana USA
Grip Cigar on 8'6" 3wt.-9' 5wt. and 9' 6wt.; Full Wells on 10’ 4wt.; Full Wells with fighting butt on 9'6" 5wt., 9'6" 6wt. and 7wt.-10wt.; Half Wells special on 5wt. JWF; Half Wells special with Fighting Butt on 8wt. JWF
Sections 4-piece and 5-piece
Color Winston green
Guides Chrome nanolite stripper guide and chrome plated snake guides
Reel Seat(s) 4-piece Choice of nickel silver with burled wood insert or anodized aluminum on 8'6" 3wt.; 8’, 8’6”, 9’ 4wt.; 8’6”; 9’ 5wt.; 9’ 6wt, all other rods anodized aluminum only
Storage Premium graphite rod tube with logo tech rod sock