Fast Action Taper with KonneticHD TechnologyThe X rod series is built upon fast action KonneticHD Technology to deliver increased blank recovery and a super crisp tip stop. This creates tight, efficient loops throughout all ranges of casting styles. The taper allows you to dig deeper into the rod and access the lower sections, so power shifts closer to the angler. A more accurate and efficient presentation is created by decreasing lateral/medial movement and vibrations in the blank. The result is a performance driven, forgiving fast action blank and refined synergy between angler, rod, line, and fly.
KonneticHD Technology optimizes the graphite-to-resin ratio by creating a higher density (HD) fiber composite, resulting in lighter, stronger blanks which deliver unmatched recovery, energy transfer, and line/loop control.
• Fuji ceramic stripper guides
• Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
• Laser etched line weight on slide band
• Dark Green thread wraps with Metallic Grey trim wraps
• Black Spruce blank color
• Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Black Spruce model tag
• Evergreen powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
• Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
• FRESHWATER 3 - 6 weights:
• Vera wood insert with Stealth Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
• Flor grade snub nosed half-wells cork handle
• SALTWATER 5-11 weights:
• Stealth Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
• Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat
• Flor quality full-wells cork handle with EVA fighting butt
Why order Sage fly rods from us?
It’s simple. When you buy Sage products from Stillwater Fly Shop, besides getting a great price we include the following perks:
Lives up to the hype
I have this rod in a 9” 8wt and it is a joy to cast. Construction and overall rod quality is outstanding.