T&T has improved the Contact Fly Rod after nearly three years of development. The result is a fully refined second generation Contact rod series. Contact II blank construction utilizes five different types of premium quality carbon and fiberglass fibers, bound together by a proprietary aerospace resin system. Accuracy, sensitivity, and strength is all improved by aligning these fibers at strategic angles while rolling Contact II blanks. Components have been carefully selected to maximize performance and comfort. Improved guide spacing moves a “Low Rider” style stripping guide to the butt section of each Contact II, which decreases line sag from the angler’s hand to the first guide.
This rod is in Excellent condition! No real signs of wear or tear, and as one of the best Euro rods on the market, this one comes at a fantastic price!
- Optimized guide spacing with lowered stripping guides to decrease line sag between the hand and first guide
- Increased backbone power to improve hook sets and assist landing larger fish
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips increases feel and bite transmission
- Matte black downlocking hardware as standard with T&T’s trademark roll stamped logo and burled Black Ash spacer
- Black RECoil single foot snake guides
- Black hook keeper and winding check
- Black “Low Rider” style stripping guide keeps line tighter to blank for improved strike transmission and accuracy
- New low-profile rounded fighting butt for balance and comfort
- Stealthy brown and olive thread wraps.