Being from the West Coast and tromping through various rivers and streams, I have tried many available waders for testing and use, like Simms, Redington, and Patagonia. Today we are going to talk about an East Coast offering by Orvis. The Orvis Pro Wader for Men.
Every wader manufacturer and set of waders are unique to the materials used and the fit/function/utility. I have tried waders from each of these manufacturers (and a couple others), and here is my take on the Orvis Pro.
These waders are some of the best I have worn over the many years of purchasing waders. They are slim in overall fit, but that's one of the qualities I like about them. Rather than feeling like I am walking around in a big baggy pair of waders, these fit really well.
The waders' function is similar to competitors, but what I also like about them is the knee pads they include, which are just enough padding to make climbing out of a steep bank or up and over obstacles a much better experience for my knees.
Overall, if you are looking for a pair of waders at this price point, you will be satisfied with the Orvis Pro Mens Wader.
The Convenience features include:
- External storage pocket with YKK AquaGuard® water-resistant zipper keeps essentials dry and prevents loss.
- Rubberized tabs on suspenders and front pocket daisy chain for tool docking offer multiple locations for needs and eliminate the chance of puncturing waders or losing tools.
- Fly patch on the front pocket for quick changes and drying.
- Large four-way stretch power mesh interior pocket expands to fit more oversized items yet stays out of the way when empty.
- Kangaroo-style fleece-lined handwarmer pockets with YKK AquaGuard water-resistant zippers.
- Removable OrthoLite® knee pads use the same technology in the PRO Boot insole for optimal comfort and rebound.
- A removable accessory pocket allows for quick access to gear and offers the features of a small pack.
- Adjustable elastic suspenders with opposing buckles for waist-high conversion.
- The interior hook-and-loop patch accommodates Orvis waterproof pocket (8G3H sold separately).
- Wader weighs approximately 48 oz. (medium regular).
- 100% nylon shell with polyurethane membrane.
- 100% nylon tricot liner."