Fish an incredible Galvan reel — The Galvan Torque fly reelThe visually striking appearance of the Torque is a result of the unique cutouts on the frame, spool, drag knob and foot. This design is not only aesthetic but also structural as it significantly reduces the weight of the reel while maintaining strength and increasing rigidity .The rounded rims on both spool and frame enhance durability to better withstand impact during extreme angling conditions.
From first glance, the hand is drawn to the reel and from the first crank of the contoured counter balance spool, the quality becomes apparent: efficiency and simplicity driven by function. In this case, less is more and cost is no exception as the Torque retails at half the price of reels in its class.
With their maximum ported spool design, these Galvan reels are lightweight and hail one of the best strength-to-weight ratios of any fly fishing reels in their class.
The Torque Series Galvan Fly reels are truly remarkable. These Galvan reels deliver and perform with an incredibly low start up inertia. Whether you need a Galvan fly reel for stalking trout or a Galvan bonefish reel, the torque series Galvan fly reels offer something for every fly fisherman.
- Discover more about the advantages of this Galvan Fly reel - the Torque. With the large arbor design of these Torque fly fishing reels, these Galvan fly reels are able to pick up line extremely fast. Anglers know how important that can be when your fighting large fish that can cover a lot of water quickly.
- The Torque series Galvan Reel features a de-tented drag knob to allow for precise drag settings. This Galvan fly reel has a large handle that makes it easy to find and grip when playing fish.
- Support America - Galvan Fly reels are made in the USA.
- The Torque series Galvan reels are easily changed from left to right hand directional retrieve. Galvan fly reels also have a simple spool removal mechanism that requires no extra tools.
- Machined from 6061 bar-stock aluminum, these Galvan reels are built to last.
|Model & Diameter||Spool Width||Weight (oz.)||Line Weights||Line Capacity||Micron Backing (yards)||Micron Backing (lbs.)|
|T-3 (3.0")||.85"||4.2||2-3||WF-2-F / WF-3-F||75 yd / 50 yd||20 lb|
|T-4 (3.25")||.85"||4.5||4-5||WF-4-F / WF-5-F||100 yd / 75 yd||20 lb|
|T-4 (3.5")||.90"||4.8||5-6||WF-5F / WF-6-F||125 yd / 100 yd||20 lb|
|T-6 (3.75")||.95"||5.2||6-7||WF-6-F / WF-7-F||150 yd / 125 yd||20 lb|
|T-7 (3.875")||1.1"||6.3||7||WF-7-F||150 yd||20 lb|
|T-8 (4.0")||1.25"||7.6||8||WF-8-F||200 yd||20 lb|
|T-9 (4.125")||1.25"||7.9||9||WF-9-F||225 yd||20 lb|
|T-10 (4.25")||1.35"||8.2||10||WF-10-F||250 yd||30 lb|
|T-12 (4.5")||1.35"||8.6||12||WF-12-F||300 yd||30 lb|
- Coho salmon
I've had my Torque 5 for two years, but the acid test was when we went Spinney Reservoir in Colorado. My wife was using this reel + an Orvis Helios 3d 5 weight. She battled, and won, against some giants, and these fish were unlike any trout I've fought; they took long runs, deep dives, & it always wound up on the reel. Long story short, she pulled in some giants but wrangled a 30", 9lb trout thanks to this reel. The drag is about perfect. The weight is good enough. Adjustments are pretty much infinite. Looks are among the best. Price is better than most of the overpriced reels out there. Made in the US. Go Galvan!
The most amazing smooth , durable fly reel with the most beautiful colors I have yet to lay in my hands
Galvan Torque Fly Reel
Smooth and easy.
Galvan Torque Review 2021
Amazing service and amazing reel. I caught more than a hundred Coho salmon in 6 days of fishing this reel and the performance was pure perfection. Several fish had me into the backing, but most were eventually brought to hand. What a reel! Thanks Stillwater.
Stillwater Fly Shop
Glad you like the reel and that's a great fish!!!!