Scientific Anglers Amplitude MPX Fly LineThe Amplitude MPX features the revolutionary AST Plus technology. It's microtextured surface traps air to provide superior shootability and flotation while also eliminating line flash and vastly reducing friction. Lines sit higher in the water with less drag and water spray, as well as easier mending, roll casting, and pick-ups.
The MPX provides the same benefits of the GPX, but is redesigned with more mass toward the front of the head. The power is still there, now with an added bit of finesse.
- Revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Floating texture on the tip section to increase flotation
- Shooting Texture running line to deliver long casts
- The ultimate general presentation line
- Improved version of SA's GPX taper
- Designed a half-size heavy to load fast-action rods
- Best for large dry flies, nymphs and streamers
The Scientific Anglers Shooting Texture features precisely replicated hemispherical divots, similar to those found on a golf ball’s surface. This evolution of texturing technology has less texture on its surface so it feels like a traditional fly line but performs with the benefits of texturing. The result is a line that lasts longer, floats higher, casts easier, and, most importantly, fishes better.
Love the line although my friend hates the sound when I'm casting
best technology and long last materials
This series is worth it the price. Beside its has a standard desing for dry flies for trout, the most important feature is it floting capacity and the long lasting materials. No other brand can provided this characteristics.