Douglas premium fly rods. These proven tapers have evolved over twenty years of design and practice. Say hello to the DXF.
For the second straight year the DXF 9' 5 wt has won the mid price rod shoot out conducted by Yellowstone Angler
The DXF range is a strong and resonant collaboration of modern action, fresh carbon matrix and a traditional fit and finish. They range from Euro Nymph, Switch and Double Handed rods tailored toward every current angling practice. The Trout, Salmon and Salt models prove the authentic staying power of technical and traditional mainstays. The DXF series anticipates the full confidence an angler requires in the tackle they bring to the water; a reasoned performance approach to the water.
• Tapers for both strength and presentation
• Anodized uplock
• Burled wood reel seat
• SIC hard chrome stripper frames and snake guides
• Alignment dots
• AAA cork grip scaled for each rod size
• Packaged with codura tube and sock
• Awarded “Best Mid Priced Rod” by George Anderson’s Yellowstone Angler in 5 and 6 weights
• Saltwater rods 6-10 weight (Handle C)
• Specialty nymphing in weights 3-4 (Handle B)
- Douglas DXF
- DXF rod
Douglas DXF 10' 5wt Rod
The DXF rod is like no other 10' 5wt rod. Rod has the power to lift line while providing a solid hookset without breaking light tippet. I was looking for a Nymph rod which would provide the above mentioned capabilities. The Douglas DXF does not disappointment. Highly recommend this rod.