NRX+ Crush VariablesThe NRX+ is designed to level the playing field and conquer edgy environmental factors such as sustained wind or complex hydraulics so as to peak the angler's productivity. With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, these adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in complex fishing situations.
The NRX+ is rolled with the most advanced compound taper construction to date. It provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in difficult situations.
DYNAMIC RECOVERY TECHNOLOGY
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements. The Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
• Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
• Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
• GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
• Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
• Single-foot recoil guides
• Titanium SiC stripper guides
• Hook keeper (Line #: 4-6)
• Micro full wells, AAA grade cork grip
• Custom aluminum reel seat with walnut hardwood insert (Models: 490-4, 590-4, & 595-4)
• Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt (4100-4, 5100-4, 690-4, & 6100-4)
• Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
• Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
- butt section
- roll casts
NRX+ 10' 4wt
Excellent rod that I've used with dry flies, small streamers, indy-nymphs, and even mono-rig. It has a very nice, fast, smooth action to it, especially for a 10' rod. It mends and roll casts very well. It has a nice strong butt section and have caught trout up to 23" on it. I've been very happy with this "multipurpose rod." In fact I have a 10' 6 wt as well.
Stillwater Fly Shop
What a great review of one of our favorite rods!
An excellent smooth rod with great feel. Can cover great distance and is among the lightest rods at a 6-weight.