The most technologically advanced wading boots!
The Orvis Pro Wading Boots feature the most advanced materials and construction techniques combined with comfort and lightweight design. These boots are ideal for athletic anglers who demand the ultimate in durability, comfort, and performance. Tested by hardcore guides, they offer benefits that will be appreciated by any hard-driving fly fisher.
Don't sacrifice comfort! The tongue and collar of the boot are generously padded with closed-cell EVA foam for the support and comfort of a favorite pair of hiking boots. To further make getting in and out of the boots quick and easy, there is a generous pull tab at the heel, and the tongue opens wider than most wading boots so your foot slips in and out with ease.
Features & Benefits of the Pro Wading Boots:• An industry-first collaborative effort with Michelin
• Built on a sole compound specifically designed for fly fishing
• Michelin agricultural tires as inspiration
• Michelin Outdoor Extreme sole compound offers 25% better abrasion resistance and 43% improvement in wet traction
• Michelin tire geometry offers a wider footprint for stability
• Higher ratio of surface contact
• Lug pattern reduces shock
• 12 strategically placed stud locations
• Co-molded ESS plate provides improved stud retention and torsional stability
• Shock-absorbing Phylon midsole compresses less than standard EVA midsoles
• OrthoLite® 3D molded X25 insole increases rebound and reduces fatigue
• Industry-first PU-casting construction eliminates seams in highwear areas and drastically improves durability
• No stitching on the toe to eliminate potential seam failure
• Higher cut to provide ankle support
• Lined with an EVA closed-cell foam
• Scratch rubber at the toe cap and heel
• Oversized heel pull facilitates easier on-and-off
• Tightly woven laces reduce broken laces
• Weighs 50 oz. in size 10
• In shadow
• Men’s whole sizes 7-14
HOW THEY MAKE WADING SAFERThrough a cooperative product development venture between Orvis Research and Development and Michelin® rubber Engineers and Designers, Orvis developed an innovative sole that combines the best in advanced tire technology with the needs of active fly fishers. The rubber used in the sole of the boots utilizes a unique formula of Michelin’s Outdoor Extreme rubber compound, providing best-in-class rubber traction. It is lighter in weight than rubber soles used in conventional wading shoes, softer for better traction on slippery rocks, and offers 25% better abrasion resistance than the rubber compound used in ordinary wading shoes.
Secure wading depends on a combination of the rubber compound used and the tread pattern incorporated in the sole. The compound used in the exclusive Michelin sole was tested using an industry standard for slip resistance, which measures the coefficient of friction against a wet surface. The Michelin Ou