Ross Evolution R ReelThe Evolution R combines the artistic and the technical into a machined piece of artwork. It's lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved. This is something never before seen in a fly reel. The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded carbon fluoropolymer and stainless steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippet. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in a fly reel. This all is all managed by a subtle yet striking, frame integrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the design of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings, even if wearing gloves. Ross is the first to introduce the canvas phenolic handle. All combined the Evolution R Reels are second to none in beauty and functionality.
• Fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
• Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed system
• Proprietary bonded carbon fluoropolymer and stainless steel disc stack
• All internal components are machined stainless steel
• Fully machined canvas phenolic rod on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post for reduced weight and increased grip when wet
• Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color