Winner IFTD 2019! Scientific Anglers Amplitude Infinity Fly Line for ALL Freshwater Species
Due to popular demand the Infinity series has been expanded! The Amplitude Infinity has the power to bomb out streamers, yet retains delicacy for dry flies. It mends like an absolute dream, and delivers flies at all distances. Built a half-size heavy, with a long head and substantial front taper.
Features of the Amplitude Infinity Fly Line:• AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
• Floating Texture on the tip section for the ultimate in flotation; it simply keeps dry flies floating longer
• Shooting Texture running line delivers longer casts, thanks to a reduction in friction
• Extremely versatile general-purpose taper designed for most freshwater species; an excellent line for trout, grayling, panfish, bass, carp, steelhead, salmon, and pike
• Made a half-size heavy to load fast-action rods, but works well with a variety of rod actions
• Extended head length for long-distance casts and superior mending ability
AST Plus slickness additive provides 40% less drag than lines without any additive and lasts over 60% longer than lines from the competition. Lines are smooth, triple-colored and have front and rear welded loops.
The Scientific Anglers Shooting Texture features precisely replicated hemispherical divots, similar to those found on a golf ball’s surface. This evolution of texturing technology has less texture on its surface so it feels like a traditional fly line but performs with the benefits of texturing. The result is a line that lasts longer, floats higher, casts easier, and, most importantly, fishes better.
TACTILE REFERENCE POINT
TRP is a non embossed section at the AFTMA 30 foot mark. Allowing you to feel and hear the transition from these textured technologies.
Great line but noisy
I have this line on a G Loomis NRX+ and it casts like a dream. Very smooth and fun to cast, but the textured line zipping through the guides is very noisy.