Mastery Bass Bug Fly Line for Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
In terms of bass, both smallmouth and largemouth; the term conehead doesn’t refer to an old comedy sketch. That’s why Scientific Anglers designed the Mastery Bass Bug. Similar in design to the Mastery Titan Long, but with a specialized warm-weather coating built to withstand hot temperatures. It’s quite possibly the best bass fly line ever designed. If you have an all-encompassing need to throw big flies for bucketmouths, then look no further. This fly line is made for you.
Features of the Bass Bug Fly Line:
- Designed specifically for throwing large, air-resistant dry flies and streamers for bass in rivers, lakes, and ponds
- Overweighted by two line sizes to assist in loading rods and turning over heavy rigs; use designated line weight for your rod
- Extended rear taper for line control and mending ability
- Ideal line for boat or wade fishing
- Features a specialized warm-weather coating for fishing in high temperatures
- For use in moderate and hot climates
- Braided multifilament core
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS LINE IDENTIFICATION (SA•ID)
SA brings you SA ID. SA ID is an innovative line marking system allowing you to identify your lines at a glance. Wonder if a shooting head is 200 grain or a 300? Just look at the SA ID.
ADVANCED SHOOTING TECHNOLOGY
Scientific Anglers’ patented dry-slick technology provides continual line slickness, allowing the line to shoot farther as it moves through the guides. Lines with AST easily shed dirt, algae, and other parasitic drag particles, allowing lines to cast farther, float higher, and stay cleaner than traditional lines.
Exceptionally slick and strong, our welded Streamlined Loops produce smoother ca
- bass taper
Great product from a great company
I bought a rod and this line from Stillwater. It was my first purchase and I must say I was totally impressed. The shipping was fast and well packaged. As for the line? I have never had any problems with SA lines, just remember the bass taper is oversized, so depending on what you are doing you might want to buy a size smaller.