Mastery Bass Bug Fly Line for Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
In terms of bass, both smallmouth and largemouth; the term conehead doesn’t refer to an old comedy sketch. That’s why Scientific Anglers designed the Mastery Bass Bug. Similar in design to the Mastery Titan Long, but with a specialized warm-weather coating built to withstand hot temperatures. It’s quite possibly the best bass fly line ever designed. If you have an all-encompassing need to throw big flies for bucketmouths, then look no further. This fly line is made for you.
Features of the Bass Bug Fly Line:
- Designed specifically for throwing large, air-resistant dry flies and streamers for bass in rivers, lakes, and ponds
- Overweighted by two line sizes to assist in loading rods and turning over heavy rigs; use designated line weight for your rod
- Extended rear taper for line control and mending ability
- Ideal line for boat or wade fishing
- Features a specialized warm-weather coating for fishing in high temperatures
- For use in moderate and hot climates
- Braided multifilament core
- bass taper
Great product from a great company
I bought a rod and this line from Stillwater. It was my first purchase and I must say I was totally impressed. The shipping was fast and well packaged. As for the line? I have never had any problems with SA lines, just remember the bass taper is oversized, so depending on what you are doing you might want to buy a size smaller.