SA Spey Lite Scandi Head
Designed for light double-handed duty and with a relatively long front taper for more delicate deliveries, the Scandi Head is ideal for smaller streams and trout Spey applications. Available in grain weights from 150-420, this two-colored head features a textured, black marker at the end of the head that serves as a visible notification on where to begin your cast. From riffling dries for spring steelhead to swinging streamers for trout, the Spey Lite Scandi Head is Spey on a smaller scale.
Features of the Spey Lite Scandi Head:
- Short head for quick casts and line control
- Excellent line for swinging soft hackles, light streamers, and can be used as a dry-fly line with long leaders
- Longer front taper for lighter, softer presentations
- Designed for use with a shooting line on shorter two-handed rods and single-handed rods
- Braided multifilament core; for use in moderate and cold climates
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS LINE IDENTIFICATION (SA•ID)
SA brings you SA ID. SA ID is an innovative line marking system allowing you to identify your lines at a glance. Wonder if a shooting head is 200 grain or a 300? Just look at the SA ID.
ADVANCED SHOOTING TECHNOLOGY
Scientific Anglers’ patented dry-slick technology provides continual line slickness, allowing the line to shoot farther as it moves through the guides. Lines with AST easily shed dirt, algae, and other parasitic drag particles, allowing lines to cast farther, float higher, and stay cleaner than traditional lines.
Exceptionally slick and strong, welded Streamlined Loops produce smoother casts and easier turnover with a seamless fly-line-to-loop transition making for softer landings and cleaner pickups.