SA Spey Lite Skagit Head Intermediate - Closeout
Designed for light double-handed duty and with a short, powerful taper, the Lite Skagit Intermediate is ideal for smaller streams and trout Spey applications when getting just below the surface is paramount. Available in grain weights from 150-420, this two-colored shooting head features a black marker at the end of the head that serves as a visible notification on where to begin your cast. Works perfectly with SA's SONAR Sinking Leaders and textured TC Tips. From dredging for steelhead to swinging streamers for trout, the Skagit Lite is Spey on a smaller scale.
Features of the Spey Lite Skagit Head Intermediate:
- Ultra-short head for turning over heavy tips and large, weighted flies with light two-handed rods
- Standalone head designed to be used with shooting line; ideal for trout Spey applications as well as light steelhead and bass
- Ultra-short head length works well for casting with limited room behind you
- Tip recommendations: 150-210 grains – SONAR leaders, 240-300 grains – 8’ TC Tips, 330-420 grains – 8’ or 10’ TC Tips
- Sink Rate: Intermediate = 1.25 ips
- Also works with single-handed rods
- For use in moderate and cold climates
- Braided multifilament core
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS LINE IDENTIFICATION (SA•ID)
SA brings you SA ID. SA ID is an innovative line marking system allowing you to identify your lines at a glance. Wonder if a shooting head is 200 grain or a 300? Just look at the SA ID.
ADVANCED SHOOTING TECHNOLOGY
Scientific Anglers’ patented dry-slick technology provides continual line slickness, allowing the line to shoot farther as it moves through the guides. Lines with AST easily shed dirt, algae, and other parasitic drag particles, allowing lines to cast farther, float higher, and stay cleaner than traditional lines.
Exceptionally slick and strong, welded Streamlined Loops produce smoother casts and easier turnover with a seamless fly-line-to-loop transition making for softer landings and cleaner pickups.