Fiberglass technology for a superior, lightweight, responsive rod!
Scott started making fly rods from fiberglass in the early 70’s when graphite fly rods didn’t even exist. They created high performance, multi piece glass fly rods for anglers venturing into the mountains to catch wild trout in clear, cool waters. Anglers were amazed by the smooth performance of Scott's industry-first 5 piece fly rod, and by the full range of multi piece light line glass rods. Scott continues to design and handcraft glass fly rods because glass is the best material available for casting at very close range and enjoying the feel of small fish.
With the new F Series, Scott combined new slimmer tapers with E-glass and a redesigned hollow internal ferrule to set a new standard for smooth, deep flexing rods. While anglers can cast these rods a lot farther, they are also optimized to cast beautiful accurate loops under 20 feet.
By carefully controlling the distribution of mass and stiffness, the result is extremely light fiberglass rods that are stable and form sweet loops with just a few feet of line out of the tip. Anglers can accurately cast into the next plunge pool or along overgrown banks even on narrow creeks. That’s not something your graphite rods can do easily.
The F Series is comprised of best in class components like Snake Brand Universal snake guides, Flor grade cork grips, titanium SiC strippers, CNC milled reel seats, and little touches like measuring wraps and alignment dots. These details really show off the history and pride in the F Series rods.
All this comes down to if you like fishing small pristine waters where wild fish abound, treat yourself to the ultimate high performance F Series rods from Scott and enjoy the fun.
• Fiberfuse Resin create bonds between each graphite fiber that are over 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins.
• American made Universal Guides from Snake Brand feature radius feet which conform to the blank, have the best corrosion resistance, and even have a self-lubricating finish to shoot line farther.
• Natural finish blank is built to exacting tolerances; advanced resin systems permeate the blank, leaving a durable finish that will stand up to years of abuse.
• Hollow internal ferrule
• Flor grade cork grips
• Titanium SiC strippers are resistant to abrasion, corrosion, and thermal shock.
• CNC milled reel seats
• Measuring wraps and alignment dots