Thomas & Thomas Sextant Fly RodIntroducing the Sextant saltwater series from T&T. After extensive R&D, this series represents the next evolution in composition and construction from previous saltwater fly rods. Anglers will feel the accuracy, delicacy and power when casting smoothly into unruly winds and placing the fly with precision.
Sextant rods are constructed with a unique reinforcement strategy that enhances strength and recovery properties of high-performance unidirectional fibers. This improves the coefficient of energy of the completed rod sections, resulting in rods that load quickly and generate wind-cutting line speed and casting distance with less effort.
The entire Sextant rod family shares a smooth loading, quick recovery action that allows for precise accuracy at short distances without sacrificing the power and backbone necessary for punching flies at longer distances through the wind. Whether your prey is a timid selective trout or larger game, the Sextant is your saltwater rod up to the task.
• Matte Titanium finish uplocking anodized reel seat with T&T’s trademark roll- stamped logo and Delrin washers between the locking nuts
• Natural finish nickel-titanium RECoil snake guides
• Super light titanium frame stripping guides fitted with premium Silicon Nitride inserts. Rods 6-10wt feature two stripping guides. Rods 11-12wt feature three stripping guides
• Stealthy semi-gloss blue finish with dark blue primary wraps and seafoam green accent wraps
• Optimized guide spacing strategy, with lower stripping guide placement for increased lifting power .
• Includes aluminum rod tube with Thomas & Thomas logo