Winston Boron AIR 2 Freshwater Fly Rods - Lighter than AIR
Meet the next generation of all-around freshwater fly rods (3wt-6wt.) These rods can do anything - present tiny dry flies to wary trout on flat water, cast a heavy streamer to the far bank in the wind, launch the entire line when you need it, and make quick, accurate close-range shots. From high stick nymphing, pounding the banks from the boat, or wet wading, the new AIR 2 is a pack rod, a travel rod, a beautiful rod, and an all-around rod. It’s the new Winston. When you can only bring one rod...trust the versatile Boron AIR 2.
Features of the Winston AIR 2 Fly Rod:• Taper design that provides a faster, progressive all-around action. Extremely light, yet powerful.
• S-2000 a next generation high modulus graphite material for faster recovery speed and smoothness.
• Boron Configuration for enhanced power and energy transfer.
• Winston-designed cigar grip for better “feel” through the casting stroke
• The Custom HSR (High Strain Rate) resin provides an even faster recovery rate that adds a modern feel, is more durable, and provides greater part strength and less weight.
• Light wire shooting Snake Guides have a smaller profile with new ECO slick coating and a Round Helix geometry that reduces line friction and produces added energy, accuracy, and distance management.
• Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
WEIGHTS: 3 thru 6wt.
GUIDES: Light wire Hard Chrome ECO Slick Coating Shooting Guid
- LT rods
- Air 2
- legacy rod
Winston Air 2
Casts like a 5 wt but handles a 6wt line easily. Lightweight, balanced, soft tip but has enough backbone.
I bought this for my son as a special gift. I have a few other Winstons and have long loved their quality and “action”. The Air 2 represents the finest tradition of RL Winston with the latest technology in material. This rod is incredible light and responsive. It is much thinner in diameter than my traditional LT rods. The touch and feel would do well with tight line fishing. The casting is literally “point and shoot”. It has plenty of power with lightness in the hands, creating the classic Winston action. This is a legacy rod for the company and an heirloom for the owner...