Winner IFTD 2019! Sage Trout Lightweight Spey Fly RodThe Trout Spey HD series of rods bring ease to lightweight spey techniques with KonneticHD technology. These rods focus on Spey casting as opposed to Switch rod style actions previously captured within Trout Spey category and features an action designed for skagit and scandi style casting techniques with trout appropriate sized flies. Five rods from 10’3” to 11’3” excel with a variety of spey lines that are currently offered in 200-350gr sizes.
The TROUT SPEY HD action offers a more stable tip (a balance between stability and tippet protection) and a power adjustment to better handle Trout Spey specific lines currently on the market and the trend toward heavier lines. The added models in the series will give anglers more options to select appropriate sizes for their fishery (fly size, fish size, and environment), with a smaller 10’3” 3wt model designed to work well with the shorter spey heads that are extremely popular today. The two handed short-rod, short-head combination allows anglers to retrieve and fish flies much closer, opening up possibilities in tighter quarters and the ability to cover water more effectively.
• Swinging flies for trout
• Tailored to the latest developments in Trout Spey lines
• Ease of casting streamers
• Conifer blank color
• Dijon primary thread wraps with Tan trim wraps
• Tangle-free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
• Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
• Vera wood insert with down-locking reel seat
• Super Plus full-wells cork handle with decorative composite accent rings
• Tan rod bag with brown logo and model tag
• Tactical Green aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
1109-4 Trout Spey / 10’9” 4pc 1wt
Historically, 2wt Trout Spey was the lightest available but Little guy Little has arrived. The smallest of the small Trout Spey rods is now available and ready for action. Be it East or West baby spey is here to stay. Fly selection and use will dictate the boundaries for this light tackle specialty rod. Swinging soft hackles is assured but classic streamer patterns along with carefully designed micro intruders will see action as well
• Line Match: RIO Trout Spey #1 (Scandi Style Line at 190gr), Skagit Trout Spey 200gr
• Sink Tips: 10’ conventional (Replacement) Tips, Floating, Intermediate, Type 3 & 6 in 55 grains, Scandi Light Versi-Leaders 7’ all types.
• Reel Match: Sage Trout Spey Reel 1/2/3
2109-4 Trout Spey / 10’9" 4pc 2wt
Today the 2wt rout Spey rod represents ultralight versatility based on specialized lines coupled with well thought out fly patterns. The angler’s ability to harness fun and effect