Airflo Superflo Tactical Taper Fly LineSome fish are afraid of their own shadow. Others have seen every fly known to man. So when you’re up against the absolute pickiest of eaters, it’s time to get tactical. With a delicate front taper and extended rear taper, the Tactical Taper from Airflo delivers the gentlest presentations you could ever imagine - even at long range.
The Airflo Superflo Tactical Taper Fly Line, true to line size for the ultimate in accuracy, finesse and delicacy. A favorite of many serious anglers and quite a few around the shop here. Quite possibly one of the best stream trout lines ever made!
New tapers, new production technology, new colors. And a massive amount of R&D. The result is an incredibly high performing series of freshwater lines that outshines any PVC product on the market. No UV degradation. No cracking. And no environmental contamination. In short, none of the drawbacks of PVC.
• SUPERFLO- Special durable PU coating of the line
• Power Core- Extremely low stretch line core for direct fish contact and optimal hookset
• Line Tag- Airflo’s Line Marking System is permanently welded
• 100% PVC Free- No harmful, volatile PVC compounds are used in Airflo lines
• Micro Loop- Small pre-welded loops for quick looping and lowest frictional resistance when casting and shooting
• Color- Cloud (head), Grass (running line)
• Length- 105'
• Weight Forward 2wt- 6wt.
- New Hampshire
- taper line
- trout trip
- air temperature
- lawn casting session
- Douglas DXF
4wt Superflo Tactical line
Based upon an initial lawn casting session today, with the air temperature in the 30's, I believe this true weight 4 Tactical taper line will perform very well during next year's spring Vermont/New Hampshire trout trip. Forty (40) foot casts were effortless, and from the first to the last cast the 4wt Tactical taper remained supple and nicely loaded my Douglas DXF 486-4.
Stillwater Fly Shop
Be sure to take a look at the line after casting on grass. You can get small abrasions and cuts from the blades of grass that could compromise it and reduce its longevity. Great review! Hope you have fun up there!