G Loomis NRX+ Swim Fly Crushes VariablesMulti-point articulated “swim flies” rapidly became an essential pattern in any serious bass angler’s tool kit to entice baitfish motion. Unfortunately, this massive innovation in streamer design outpaced the pseudo bass rods used to deliver the goods. G. Loomis Elite Ambassador/Product Advisor, Mike Schultz quickly realized repurposed saltwater sticks were not the solution for tucking accurate casts under obstacles or properly animating flies on retrieve.
G Loomis provided the solution with a quick-loading action rod for accurately punching flies into tight spaces that also transmits every twitch, bump, and slide directly to the fly for precise swimming action on the strip. Rolled with the most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ SF provides power, finesse, and sensitivity over the broadest range of casting distances and styles. Built to Schultz’s specifications, these ultra-versatile tools are designed from the ground up to crush variables and maximize angler performance on the water.
DYNAMIC RECOVERY TECHNOLOGY
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements. The Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Dynamic Recovery Technology
- Recoil snake guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington