Patagonia Men's Swiftcurrent Expedition Zip-Front Waders
The Expedition waders are the most durable, feature-rich waders engineered to tackle the most extreme conditions. These athletic-fit men's waders offer room for layering so you can comfortably fish for winter steel or chase stripers through the surf. These waders are constructed from innovative 4-layer fabrics to provide the most durable, puncture- resistant and comfortable waterproof/breathable materials ever made! Meeting Patagonia's H2No® Performance Standard ensures the Swiftcurrent line is both durable and waterproof.
Patagonia believes reduced impact on the environment is a critical marker of progress when innovating advanced textiles. All Swiftcurrent waders maintain performance levels and include at least 70% recycled face fabric. It's not due to the design for cheaper shortcuts, but because protecting our home planet demands it.
Patagonia eliminated the need for complex taping and reinsforcement. Every style in the Swiftcurrent lineup utilizes a gusseted crotch that make rock-hopping, log-jumping and steep bank descents easier with more durable waders.
Single-seam construction has been used for years to route critical seams away from areas of high wear. But the new, more supple fabrics in the Swiftcurrent line allow for a unique, wraparound “baseball seam” which brings articulation to the legs with a simpler patterning. The result is a more athletic, natural fit that moves better in and out of the water.
No more cold fee! Anglers can choose between two Patagonia bootie innovations to keep their dogs from barking. The expedition and midweight styles feature anatomical Yulex® booties made from the same neoprene-free natural/synthetic rubber compound used in Patagonia wetsuits; packable and pants styles utilize proven and durable seamless bootie technology.
All the waders share refined on-water performance and functionality with Lightweight Black Hole fabric scuff guards and trims; updated EZ-Lock suspender systems that allow for a custom, secure fit in seconds; and the Secure Stretch wading belt that provides a solid closure and is burly enough to support a wading staff, bear spray or net.
H2No® Performance Standard shell: (upper) 4-layer, 6.6-oz 100% recycled polyester microfiber high-density taffeta face bonded to a 100% recycled polyester backer; (lower) 4-layer, 9.4-oz 100% recycled polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta face bonded to a 100% recycled polyester backer
Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Submersible, waterproof YKK® front zipper
- EZ-Lock height adjustability is now combined with a new quick-release suspender system.
- Top-hem drawcord seals in warmth.
- Handwarmer pockets have zip flaps for back-of-hand comfort.
- Integrated belt loops keep wading belt at hand for easier on/off; new Secure Stretch wading belt is secure enough for bear spray or other accessories.
- Two exterior stash pockets with water-resistant zippers offer secure storage.
- Two generous interior drop-in pockets easily accommodate fly box, tippet spools or gloves.
- Anatomical left and right Yulex® booties have a more socklike fit, resist compaction over time and are polygrid-lined for additional warmth and comfort.
- Removable foam kneepads.