Smooth Casting, Powerful Heads for big flies and sink tips with low-stretch, ultra-slick performance.
RIO Skagit Launch heads deliver the power needed to cast large flies and sinking tips more elegantly than ever before. The unique weight distribution deeply loads rods for long, powerful casts, while the refined taper design generates incredibly smooth loops which transition seamlessly from head to tip to fly. The low stretch core gives incredible levels of sensitivity when casting and fishing. Choose these skagit heads for enhanced hook detection, more positive hook sets, and far greater control when playing a fish.
In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, creating the slickest, most durable coating on the market—producing the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line.
• Powerful front end to easily cast large flies and fast sinking tips
• Complete series of heads with varying lengths and small size increments
• Ultra-low stretch ConnectCore
• Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast coating
Benefits of SlickCast Fly Lines:
• SLICKEST, most durable coating on the market—producing the least amount of friction.
• SUREFIRE is Rio's exclusive, triple color marking system that improves casting accuracy by making it easy to gauge exact distances with a quick glance.
• DUALTONE is a system perfected by RIO that marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
• FRONT & BACK WELDED LOOPS are neat, bulletproof loops welded on the end for fast rigging.
• EASY ID is RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.