Medium Action Fly Rod Now 20% Lighter
The G Series Fly Rods have progressed with two major innovations. Scott reinvented the hollow internal ferrule to make it more flexible, stronger, and more than 20% lighter. The most advanced multi-modulus design offers cutting edge fiber and resin systems. New multi-slope tapers were designed to take full advantage of the new materials layups. The result is a rod that both bends deeply while remaining stable.
These G Series rods balance lighter in hand, have much more stability through the middle of the rod for better tracking, and generate higher line speeds. They do all this while retaining the classic flex of your favorite medium action rods. Scott brings together presentation and power, so now you can pull hard on 7X tippet AND fish in the wind. The new G Series is unmatched!
Note: 2wt 7'7" & 3wt 7'7" offer Grip A; All other rods offer Grip BGRIP A:
- Enhanced feel, incredible stability and unequalled performance. X-Core combines the industry’s leading composite technologies with cutting edge design.
- Diameter is proportional to stiffness and strength, and X-Core, or Expanded Core, technology delivers blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach.
- Scott uses fast taper mandrels with low-mass, thin-walled blanks and proprietary ARC reinforcement to create rods that have stiffness with feel, and stability with sensitivity.
- This design helps the rod come alive in your hands. It’s a superior approach to the slow taper, thick walled designs that deliver stiffness at the expense of feel.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- Scott is the leader in carbon blank reinforcements. Our latest ARC technology adds hoop strength to our blanks without adding weight, and counteracts torque that can reduce casting accuracy and line control.
- Fine-tuned flex and recovery.
- Scott pioneered the use of multi modulus fiber lay ups in blank design.
- By varying the fiber tensile modulus along the length of the rod, we’re able to precisely control the stiffness and recovery speed of our blanks.
- The result is a rod that loads and unloads more smoothly.
- Walk down a rod rack at your local fly shop and you'll notice something different about Scott rods. Like everything we do, the Scott Natural Finish is all about making your rod lighter, more durable, and better performing.
- Most other rods on the shelf are run through a belt sander, tearing away the outside power fibers of the blank and introducing variance. Inadvertent flatspotting during the sanding process will weaken a blank, and blanks are designed with a margin of error to accommodate for oversanding. After the blank is sanded, a glossy paint is applied to add shelf appeal.
- Natural finish blanks aren't subjected to the rip through the sanding belt, nor are they covered with heavy paint to add pop in your fly shop. We're firm believers in the natural beauty of graphite. A natural finish blank is built to exacting tolerances. Scott's advanced resin systems permeate the blank, leaving a durable finish that will stand up to years of abuse.
- Ross Colorado
- stream fishing
- casting rod
- Scott Rods
GS 773 - Awesome
Turnaround time was a bit slow as Scott is backed up these days, but service from Stillwater was great. The rod is absolutely awesome for small stream fishing. Easily casts just the leader, casts 40ft just as easily with great feel. Pair it with SA Trout WF3F and a lighter weight furled leader and you're in business. Don't forget the Ross Colorado. A reel right around 3oz balances perfectly.
I love Scott Rods and have several Radians. The Radian has all the power you may need for long casts. The G series is a joy to cast (not that the radian isn't)! It casts effortlessly! I love the feel of a medium action rod. This is the best casting rod I own for short to medium distances with a delicate presentation.